Dallas, TX Water SoftenersDallas Water Softeners Water plays a central role in our lives for many different reasons; we use it for everything from drinking to doing laundry, showering and bathing, cleaning, washing hands, playing, and more. Unfortunately, hard water is a factor that Dallas homes have to deal with frequently. This can be harmful to you and your home in many ways. If you currently have hard water, don’t suffer from the negative effects any longer—call to get a water softener installed by the qualified technicians and plumbers at Aramendia and discover all the benefits that soft water can offer your family.
Other Plumbing Services We Offer
- Plumbing Service
- Plumbing Maintenance
- Backflow RPZ Testing
- Bathroom Plumbing
- Toilet Repair
- Faucet Repair
- Bathtub Repair
- Drain Cleaning
- Emergency Plumber
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Garbage Disposal Repair
- Sink Repair
- Leak Detection Services
- Slab Leak Detection & Repair
- Gas Leak Detection & Repair
- Pipe Leak Detection & Repair
- Sewer Cleaning
- Sewer Line Replacement
- Sump Pump Installation
- Plumbing Products
The Damaging Effects of Hard WaterDecreased Lather, Increased Soap Consumption. All the soaps and detergents that you use in your home, whether for washing your body, your clothes, or your dishes, are designed to lather when they get wet. The ions react with soap when you have minerals in your hard water, to diminish its ability to lather properly, and you have to use more detergent or more soapt to get the cleaning power you need. In addition, it often turns into “soap scum” that builds up in the tubs, sinks, and appliances where you use detergents, and this soap scum is extremely hard to clean.
- Pipe Damage. The minerals in your water are there, even if you can’t see them, and sometimes as the water travels through the pipes from your city utility company or throughout your home, these tiny minerals can leave deposits on the sides of the pipe that build up over time, reducing water flow by clogging the drain. Eventually this could even lead to pipes that burst or leak, which can cause significant water or flooding damage in your home. Additionally, mineral deposits can accumulate on your stainless steel fixtures, making them unsightly, impeding the proper flow of water, and causing the fixtures to deteriorate more quickly.
- Skin Problems. The minerals in hard water can also cause common skin issues like dry skin, and while you may try to counteract this with lotions and other treatments, a simple change to soft water could help you save the money, time, and effort you put into fighting dry skin because of your hard water.
- Most water that is not treated is considered “hard”, meaning that there are minerals such as magnesium and calcium in the water. The water picks up these minerals as it travels through rock and soil from its original source on the way to the toilets, sinks and showers in your home. Generally hard water is not harmful to your health in small quantities, however it can be an issue for your home and the pipes that transport the water throughout because the minerals it carries are deposited and build up over time. In order to illuminate bacteria and pathogens, the utilities company will normally treat your home, but the treatment they use is not equipped well enough to remove hard water minerals. It can have several damaging effects.
Why You Should Invest in Water SoftenersThere are many benefits you can get from installing a water softener, and investing in a water softener now can actually save you a lot of money long-term by eliminating some of the negative effects that hard water has on your home and your skin. Below are some of the main reasons to consider investing in a water softener:
- Skin and hair that feels and looks shinier and softer.
- Reducing the need to scrub away hard water stains in showers, sinks, and bathtubs.
- Eliminating hard water stains on glassware and silverware.
- Clothing will hold its color without fading, and maintain its quality longer.
- Detergents and soaps can lather properly, which means you can save money by using less product.
- Longer life for your appliances, including icemakers, dishwashers, washing machines, and coffee makers.
- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions for a more eco-friendly home.
Call Aramendia for a Free EstimateIf you are suffering from some of the negative effects of hard water in your Dallas home, call Aramendia today to talk about the brands we carry and discover which will work best for you, and then get it installed by one of our expert technicians right away. For a free estimate and consultation, contact Aramendia at (469) 522-3291.
Recent Blog Post
Common Reasons Homeowners Have Poor Energy Efficiency in the Summer
Have you been experiencing poor energy efficiency and high cooling costs duri...Read More
What Your Realtor Wishes You Would Do Before You Sell
It’s time. You’re moving out of your home, and you want to sell it as qui...Read More